Cisco 7940 and 7960
Setting up a Cisco 7940/7960 to use with our UC Platform only takes a few steps. You have to set one setting on the phone following the steps below:
- Press the Settings button
- Unlock the phone
- Early models you can press "**#" and see the lock open up
- Newer models unlock by scrolling to the bottom of the settings menu and clicking on "Unlock phone", default password is "cisco"
- Navigate Network Configuration
- Go down to "Alternate Tftp", change to "yes"
- Go back up to "Tftp Server" and set the following IP Address 220.127.116.11.
- NOTE: Cisco does not support any letters so be sure to enter our IP address using numbers only.
- Save and Exit